We have been having a fun and busy summer so far. The kids have been going to a one day a week preschool at the church. This gives me a few hours a week to get some things done, which is really nice. It's hard to believe in just about 4 weeks, I will be returning to work for the first time in 3 years! Carly will be going to special needs preschool at Daves Creek and Olivia will be a typical peer in the class. I have been hired to teach a co-taught kindergarten class there and as luck would have it, I am in the classroom right next door to the girls. This way I can keep a good eye on them : ) Josh will be going to "Big Boy School" at Carrington Academy. I think it will be a good transition for everyone. Carly LOVES school and this is the first summer I have let her participate in any kind of summer camp. I have always been so protective of her but now she is showing that she wants some independence and she is doing great! Olivia likes school too. She used to be so shy and reserved but is really starting to come out of her shell. JOsh likes to copy everything the girls do so all he talks about is "Big Boy School" too. Just pray for us the first few weeks as we get into a new schedule!
Here are a few pictures of us enjoying our summer!
Here is Olivia in our new pool for the backyard. Everyday I hear "Mommy, let's go slimming!" Yes, they call is "slimming."

Carly has fun splashing everyone and dumping water on their heads.

Here is Olivia trying out her kicking that she learned in swimming lessons.

Like I said, Josh copies everything the girls do so here he is practicing his kicking as well.

Here is Carly playing with a few friends at the Ingram Kids Birthday Party!

Carly and Olivia sharing their sandbox with their friends.

One of our favorite summer activities have been our weekly trips to Bruesters. Here is Josh enjoying his ice cream cone. He always has to be stripped down before getting back in the car : )

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
2 comments:
What a fun summer for everyone! We have enjoyed being with all of you this summer too! I'm so excited for a new stage for all of you this year...I know it will be great for everyone! We love y'all!
Jeremy, Heather, Noah and Jacob
It looks like everyone is having a great summer. I bet that you are nervous and excited and everything between about going back to work and sending the kids to school. I hope that they all love it. Morgan went to the special needs Pre-K class at Coal Mtn last year as a 3 year old and will go this year as too. She LOVED it! She still asks everyday if she is going to Coal Mtn today. I know that I say it everytime that you post but your kids are beautiful as always!
Post a Comment