January 10th, 2006 - one year ago, we traveled to Guatemala to pick up Olivia. I can't believe it's been a year! We're so glad she is home and is such a wonderful part of our lives. It's hard to remember what it was like before Olivia - it seems like she's always been here, running around the house.To the right, this is the first time I got to hold her. Soon after we arrived at our hotel, they made arrangements for her to come with her foster mom. The next few days were simply a matter of completing the paperwork, the interviews, and the other logistics required to bring her home.
This is Olivia all dressed up to go sight-seeing around Guatemala. We were waiting in the lobby of the hotel for our ride. During the week we spent a day touring Guatemala City, and a day touring beautiful Antigua. My mom and my sister went along to help. We thought it was best for Christie to stay home being several months along with Josh, and also to stay with Carly.
We had a very long plane-ride home (and not because of Olivia, just the cramped airport, customs, baggage, and paperwork). This was the first picture taken of the whole family together. Christie and Carly met us at the airport. Josh was there too of course in his own little 2nd trimester way. Olivia and Carly were fast friends.

6 comments:
I teared up reading this! It's amazing to think that you just got Olivia a year ago and how far your family has come. Your children are all truly a miracle from God! Both of you, and your children have certainly blessed and changed our lives forever.
This is Heather, by the way!
I was wondering who bird was! LOL!
It's my blogger name from when I used it in college. I can't remember my new username and password! :)
Too precious. It's hard to believe that it's been a year. They've all grown so much!!!
You have a beautiful family! I enjoyed reading the story about Olivia and seeing your first photos together.
Post a Comment